Since the publication of the highly acclaimed, best-selling first edition, the technology and clinical applications of medical imaging have changed considerably. Collecting these developments into one volume, Webb’s Physics of Medical Imaging, 2nd Edition, (PDF) presents a comprehensive update of the basic physics, contemporary technology, and many examples of clinical application across all the modalities of medical imaging.
New to the 2nd Edition:
- Extensive updates to all original chapters
- 11 new contributors along with the original team of authors
- Two new chapters on multimodality imaging and medical image processing
- Coverage of state-of-the-art detector technology and computer processing employed in medical imaging
- Keeping the material available to graduate students, this well-illustrated ebook reviews the basic physics underpinning imaging in medicine.
- Over 50 percent new examples and more than 80 percent new figures Glossary of abbreviations, color insert and contents lists at the start of each chapter
- The textbook also defines the mathematics of medical imaging, computational requirements, image processing, image perception, and multimodality imaging.
- It covers the major techniques of x-radiology, nuclear medicine, computerized tomography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging, in addition to infrared, optical imaging and electrical impedance.
NOTE: The product includes the ebook, Webb’s Physics of Medical Imaging, 2nd Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.