Master the important pathophysiology concepts you need to know with the most engaging and reader-friendly textbook available. Filled with vibrant illustrations and complemented by online resources that bring pathophysiology concepts to life, Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition continues its tradition of delivering the most accurate information on manifestations, treatments, and mechanisms of disease across the lifespan, giving you the fundamental knowledge needed to move forward in your nursing career and education. New additions include new content on rare diseases, a new chapter on epigenetics, a separate chapter for female and male reproductive alterations, simplified language, streamlined features, and fully updated information throughout.
- Algorithms throughout the textbook clarify disease progression.
- Chapter outlines help readers find specific information with ease.
- Key terms are bolded throughout the textbook for fast, easy reference.
- Quick Check boxes test readers’ retention of important chapter concepts.
- Did You Understand? sections provide a fast and efficient review of chapter content.
- Glossary of selected terms familiarizes readers with the most difficult or important terminology.
- Risk Factor boxes alert readers to important safety considerations associated with specific diseases.
- Lifespan coverage details age-specific conditions affecting pediatric, adult, and aging patients in depth.
- Chapter introductions explain why chapter content is important and how it fits into a broader health care context.
- More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations vividly depict clinical manifestations and cellular mechanisms underlying diseases.
- Health Alert boxes highlight new developments in biologic research, preventive care, treatments, diagnostic studies, and more.
- Introduction to Pathophysiology in the front matter section provides intro to the subject of pathophysiology and explains why it is important.
- Consistent presentation helps readers better distinguish pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment for each disease.
- Geriatric Considerations boxes and Pediatric Considerations boxes highlight key considerations for these demographics in relevant chapters.
- Additional online resources on Evolve companion website offers access to review questions, animations, key terms matching exercises, and more.
NOTE: This eBook has been converted to PDF from ePub, hence page numbers will NOT match the hard copy.