Transportation, Land Use, and Environmental Planning, (ePub/PDF) checks out the practices and policies linking transportation, land use, and environmental planning required to obtain a healthy environment, a growing economy, and a more fair and inclusive society. It examines finest practices for enhancing the efficiency of city and local transportation systems, taking a look at such concerns as combined-use and greater density city advancement, public transit, and non-motorized travel financial investments, significantly changed cars, and transportation systems. The ebook sets out the increasing requirement for higher combination of transportation, land use, and environmental planning, looking acutely at changing market requirements, public health issues, equity, real estate cost, and livability.
Moreover, methods for attaining these wanted outcomes exist, consisting of city style and land use planning, bike and pedestrian enhancements, local and passage-level transit strategies, need management methods, and upcoming innovations and services. The last part of the ebook takes a look at execution difficulties, thinking about lessons from the United States and all over the world at both regional and local levels.
- Introduces never ever-prior to-released research study
- Provides finest practices for biking, transit, city style, and real estate arrangement
- Employs case research studies from all over the world that reveal alternative methods forward
- Examines the political and institutional measurements of sustainability planning at the city and local levels
- Evaluates emerging advancements, such as brand-new automobile innovations, wise cities, automated highways and transportation sharing
Offers finest practices and policy arguments for developing a more sustainable future through incorporating land use, transportation and environmental planning.
NOTE: The item consists of the ebook, Transportation, Land Use, and Environmental Planning in initial ePub. A modified PDF is offered on demand. No gain access to codes are consisted of.