The latest edition of this lively introduction, titled Social Psychology 8th Edition (PDF) by Hogg and Vaughan, places social psychology in a contemporary, real-world context and explores cutting-edge, new research as well as bringing classic theories to life. Thoroughly revised to enhance accessibility, and updated to include over 250 new references, this trusted, market-leading, cutting edged textbook remains as comprehensive as ever.
- In-depth scientific coverage of social psychological theory and research
- Combines European, UK and North American perspectives effectively to provide coverage with a unique global take
- Thoroughly rewritten and revised chapters and sections on close relationships, prosocial behaviour, aggression, and attitude-behaviour relations particularly in the context of health
- Updated and expanded coverage of morality, rumour and gossip, affect and emotion, social media-based communication, trust and leadership, radicalization, multiculturalism, deviance, and sexual minorities
Hogg & Vaughan’s Social Psychology 8th edition includes a range of pedagogically developed features to aid independent study:
- Your Life sections explore everyday social psychological and encourage you to apply the ideas within your own life.
- A range of reflective questions, pictures and the film/literature and TV section in each chapter further help to bring alive this fascinating subject for everyone.
- Research Classic and Research highlight sections focus on either seminal or contemporary areas of research to help you to refine your understanding of these key areas.
- Our World boxes consider examples of social issues or social psychology within the wider world to help you gain a deeper and applied understanding of concepts and issues.
“This is a comprehensive guide to the fast-moving world of social psychology, using daily examples and up to date research to illustrate key issues. I am delighted to say the student remains the focus in this updated edition. It is informative, well-organised and engaging” – Dr Ashley Weinberg, University of Salford
“This updated textbook provides an elegant and easy-to-read tour of the basic ideas that are being tested as explanations of diverse social psychological processes. With its vast range of references, this 8th edition enables students to both cognitively and emotionally engage with the ideas and evidence.” – Professor Greg Maio, University of Bath