The brand-new Anna Leon-Guerrero’s Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action sixth edition (ePub/PDF) surpasses the normal discussion of modern social issues and their effects by stressing the efficiency and significance of community participation to accomplish genuine services. With an actually positive and intense tone, this idea-provoking book obstacles readers to see the social and structural forces that identify our social issues; to think about different policies and programs that try to deal with these issues, and to acknowledge and find out how they can be part of the service to social problems in their own community.
New to This Edition Sixth Edition:
- New “In Focus” subjects consist of attack weapons, Black Lives Matters and college drug issues.
- New “Voices in the Community” topics on work, gender, and the economy, and war and terrorism appear in a number of chapters.
- More current information and brand-new information sources have actually been integrated throughout, both in the primary story and in the “Exploring Social Problems” functions.
- Many of the social policy conversations (consisting of migration, the Affordable Care Act, LGBTQ rights, and Internet neutrality) have actually been upgraded to show the most current federal government disputes and actions.
- The chapter on gender has actually been significantly upgraded with broadened or brand-new protection of binary/transgender/cisgender/ recognition, sexual misbehavior on college schools, gender nonconformity discrimination, and the rights of trans and intersex people.
- Other brand-new or broadened protection in other places consists of financial stress and anxiety, robotization in the office, feminist theories about race, “phony” news, net neutrality, white nationalists, gentrification and partition in U.S. cities, community policing, and the migration and ecological policies of the Trump administration.
P.S The eBook remains in initial ePub format. A modified PDF is offered on demand (however it will not have page numbers that match the physical ebook)