For more than a quarter-of-a-century, no other textbook has explained the link between microbiology and human disease states better than Sherris Medical Microbiology 6th edition (PDF). Through a vibrant, engaging approach, this classic gives you a solid grasp of the significance of etiologic agents, epidemiology, the pathogenic processes, and the basis of therapy for infectious diseases.
The most dynamic, comprehensive, and college student-friendly textbook on the nature of microorganisms and the fascinating processes they employ in producing infections disease
Part 1 of Sherris Medical Microbiology 6th edition PDF opens with a non-technical chapter that explains the nature of infection and the infection agents. The following 4 chapters provide more detail about the immune response to infection and the epidemiology, prevention, and diagnosis of infectious disease. Parts 2 through 5 form the core of the textbook with chapters on the major viral, fungal, bacterial, and parasitic diseases. Each of these sections opens with chapters on pathogenesis, basic biology, and antimicrobial agents.
Features and Learning Aids:
- All tables, photographs, and illustrations are in full color
- Margin Notes highlight key points within a paragraph to facilitate review
- Clinical Capsules cover the essence of the disease(s) caused by major pathogens
- Explanations of host-parasite relationship, dynamics of infection, and host response
- In addition to the chapter-ending case questions, a collection of 100 practice questions is also included
- A clinical cases with USMLE-style questions concludes each chapter on the major viral, fungal, bacterial, and parasitic diseases
- 57 chapters that simply and clearly describe the strains of viruses, fungi, bacteria, and parasites that can bring about infectious diseases
Sometime in the future, an improved understanding of current worldwide infectious disease scourges will lead to their control. Hopefully, you will find the basis for that understanding presented in the pages of this ebook.