Ross and Wilson’s Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness has been the number one choice for over a million college students since it first published, over 50 years ago. One of the world’s most popular etextbooks of anatomy and physiology, it introduces the structure and functions of the human body and the effects of disease or illness on normal body function. More than any other textbook Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness 9th edition (PDF) uses easy-to-understand, straightforward language, enhanced by color illustrations and a huge range of interactive online activities, to make learning more engaging and visual.
Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness 12e is essential reading for anyone embarking on a career as a healthcare professional, especially in the nursing and allied health professions, alternative / complementary medicine or as paramedics and ambulance technicians.
“There are new sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems. The glossary has been expanded, as have the online access, learning outcomes and normal values tables. This book is excellent value for money.” Reviewed by: Nursing Standard
- Highly illustrated with clear color diagrams and photographs
- Learning outcomes related to the sections within each chapter
- Appendix containing useful biological values for easy reference
- Common suffixes, prefixes and roots commonly used in anatomy and physiology
- Regular sequences of headings, lists and bullet points help with learning and revision
- Extended glossary for convenient, fast, and concise reference to important terminology
- Additional coloured electron photographs and micrographs, as well as updated illustrations
- Fully revised and updated textbook, with a focus on the most commonly occurring disorders
- An accompanying Colouring and workbook that facilitates structured learning and revision of the material in this ebook.
- Carefully refined, clear and unambiguous textbook which omits the unnecessary detail that can confuse the student new to the subject
- A new, easy-to-use colouring feature has been added to the extensive and varied selection of highly popular web-based online revision activities
- New sections on the implications of normal ageing on the structure and function of the body systems to reinforce the core material and reflect today’s ageing population
- Access to additional electronic resources, including high-quality animations, case studies, colouring exercises, self-testing questions, an audio pronunciation guide and weblinks
Note: This purchase only includes the PDF of the book. No online access codes are included