Perfect for both practicing therapists and medical students in respiratory therapy and associated professions, this well-organized textbook, Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice 3rd edition (ePub) offers the most clinically relevant and up-to-date information on respiratory applied anatomy and physiology. Content spans the areas of basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular, pulmonary, and renal systems, and details the physiological principles underlying common therapeutic, monitoring and diagnostic therapies and procedures. Using an easy-to-understand and clear format, this digital textbook helps you take a more clinical perspective and learn to think much more critically about the subject matter.
- Appendixes contain helpful tables and definitions of symbols and terms.
- Clinical Focus boxes throughout the ebook place key subject matter in a clinical context to connect practice with theory.
- Chapter outlines, key terms, chapter objectives, and a bulleted chapter summary highlight important concepts and make content more accessible.
- Open-ended concept questions require reasoned responses based on thorough comprehension of the ebook, fostering discussion and critical thinking.
- NEW! Reorganization of content places the section on the renal system before the section on integrated responses in exercise and aging to create a more logical flow of content.
- NEW! More Clinical Focus scenarios and concept questions provide additional opportunities to build upon content previously learned and to apply new information in the textbook.
- NEW! Chapter on the physiological basis for treating sleep-disordered breathing clarifies the physiological mechanisms of sleep-disordered breathing and the various techniques required to treat this type of disorder.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Respiratory Care Anatomy and Physiology: Foundations for Clinical Practice 3rd edition eBook in the ePub format. A converted PDF is available on request. Although there are many free readers than can read the ePub, we recommended the Adobe Digital Edition.