A Practical Focus on the Concepts and Skills Essential to Your Success
With an available, trainee-friendly and clear method, Videbeck’s Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th edition, (PDF) clarifies difficult ideas and assists you develop a structure for working effectively with customers experiencing psychological health obstacles despite care setting. The book checks out the complete spectrum of psychiatric nursing, assisting you master particular nursing interventions, refine your restorative interaction abilities and discover to use content efficiently within the structure of the nursing procedure.
- Client/Family Education boxes improve your mentor abilities.
- Drug Alerts emphasize important issues associated with psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxes signal you to FDA factors to consider for particular medications.
- Nursing Interventions require essential treatment techniques for particular conditions.
- Best Practice boxes offer the most recent proof-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Elder Considerations areas prepare you to take care of the growing population of older grownups.
- Nursing Care Plans show reliable techniques for dealing with particular customer conditions.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxes sum up the medical diagnostic functions of particular conditions.
- Self-Awareness includes foster your individual and expert advancement through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarify crucial ideas vital to your class and medical success.
- Cultural Considerations assist you make sure culturally delicate take care of a large range of customer populations.
- Clinical Vignettes acquaint you with the functions of significant conditions you are most likely to experience in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogues assist you best your interaction abilities with particular examples of nurse-customer interactions.
- Built-In Study Guide strengthens your understanding with several-option concerns, several-action concerns and medical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Watch and Learn icons point you to matching real-to-life Lippincott® Theory to Practice Video Series videos for a richer understanding of crucial psychological health conditions.
- New! Unfolding Patient Stories composed by the National League for Nursing put the nursing procedure in a sensible context to prepare you for effective customer interactions and interventions.
NOTE: This sale just consists of a modified PDF of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th edition, implying page numbers and format will NOT match the printed book.