Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing 4th edition (PDF) has established itself as New Zealand and Australia’s foremost mental health nursing textbook and is an essential resource for all undergraduate nursing students.
This new 4th edition has been thoroughly updated and revised to reflect current research and changing attitudes about mental health services, mental health and mental health nursing in New Zealand and Australia.
Set within a recovery and consumer-focused framework, this textbook provides vital information for approaching the most familiar disorders students and mental health nurses will see in clinical practice, along with helpful suggestions about what the mental health nurse can say and do to interact effectively with consumers and their families.
Resources for Students and Instructors (sold separately):
- Test bank
- Case studies
- Student practice questions
- Powerful consumer story videos
3 new chapters:
- Challenging behaviours: presents a range of risk assessments specifically focused upon challenging behaviors
- Mental health promotion: engages with the ways in which early intervention can either prevent or alleviate the effects of mental health problems
- Physical health care: addresses the physical health of people with mental health problems and the conditions that have an association with increased risk of mental health problems
Now addresses emerging issues, such as:
- Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program
- The transitioning of mental health care to primary care
- The development of peer and service user led services, accreditation and credentialing
NOTE: This PDF has been converted from an ePub hence page numbering will NOT match the original physical book.