Learn to think like a nurse with the bestselling nursing care planning book on the market! Covering the most common medical-surgical clinical problems and nursing diagnoses seen in adults, Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes, 9th Edition (epub) contains 217 care plans, each reflecting the latest best practice guidelines. This new 9th edition specifically features 2 expanded care plans, 3 new care plans, updated content and language reflecting the most current clinical practice and professional standards, a new emphasis on inter-professional collaborative practice, enhanced QSEN integration, an improved page design, and more. It’s everything you need to create and customize effective nursing care plans!
- 217 total care plans provide more care plans than any other ebook.
- Latest NOC and NIC labels ensure you are made aware of appropriate outcomes and interventions.
- 150 disorders care plans cover virtually every common medical-surgical condition, organized by body system.
- Basic nursing concepts care plans focuses on concepts that apply to disorders found in multiple body systems.
- Health promotion and risk factor management care plans emphasize the importance of preventive care and teaching for self-management.
- Latest NANDA-I taxonomy is integrated throughout to incorporate the very latest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, related factors, and defining characteristics.
- Introductory chapter explains the components of nursing care plans, NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, the NIC and NOC systems, and how to create nursing care plans.
- Thirty online care plans are hosted on the Evolve companion site in a user-friendly PDF format that allows you to cut-and-paste care plan contents to create customized care plans.
- Seventy nursing diagnosis care plans include the most common/important NANDA-I nursing diagnoses, providing the building blocks for you to create your own individualized care plans.
- Independent and collaborative/inter-professional interventions are highlighted by special icons that differentiate between independent and collaborative/inter-professional interventions.
- Nursing diagnosis care plan format includes a definition/explanation of the diagnosis, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, related NOC Outcomes and NIC Interventions, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- Prioritized care planning guidance internally organizes care plans from “actual” to “risk” diagnoses, from specific to general interventions, and from independent to collaborative/inter-professional interventions, to help you select the most important, priority interventions for your particular patients.
- Disorders care plan format covers synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a definition, common related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC Interventions and NOC Outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Nursing Care Plans: Diagnoses, Interventions, and Outcomes 9th edition eBook in the ePub format. A converted PDF is also available on request. Although there are many free readers than can read the ePub, we recommended the Adobe Digital Edition.