Fully revised and updated by authors Shigemi Kamitsuru, PhD, FNI, RN, and T. Heather Herdman, PhD, RN, FNI, Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018-2020, 11th Edition (PDF) is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA International (NANDA-I). In this new 11th edition of a seminal textbook, the authors have written all introductory chapters at an undergraduate nursing level, providing the critical information needed for budding nurses to understand assessment, its link to clinical reasoning and diagnosis, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside.
Other changes include:
- 18 new nursing diagnoses and 72 revised diagnoses
- Web-based resources include chapter and reference lists for new diagnoses
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Modifications to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, including especially Risk Diagnoses
- Updates to 11 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, associated conditions, and at-risk populations) to further aid clarity for clinicians and readers.
Rigorously revised and updated, Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018-2020, 11e PDF is a must-have resource for all professional nurses, nursing students, nurse informaticists, nurse administrators and nurse educators.
Note: Only contains the PDF of the book. No online resources included