Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine, 5th edition, (PDF) richly presents the physiology knowledge necessary for clinical practice. Along with the latest information on how the human body reacts to external and internal changes, the textbook provides a deep understanding of how physiologic systems coordinate to maintain optimal health.
Emphasizing normal physiology, discussions of pathophysiology are included to show how altered functions are involved in disease processes. This 5th edition focuses on the physiologic principles key to understanding the human function and places them clearly in their fundamental context in clinical medicine.
- Clinical Focus essays highlight where and how physiology relates to clinical medicine and diagnosis.
- Active Learning Objectives, Chapter Summaries, and full-color artwork and tables facilitate study and learning.
- Conceptual diagrams facilitate comprehension of difficult concepts and present both abnormal and normal clinical conditions.
- End-of-chapter USMLE-style review questions, with answers, explanations, as well as new Clinical Application exercises, help students master the material.
- Extensive chapter revisions in the Neuromuscular, Gastrointestinal, Renal, and Blood and Immunology parts have been provided by new expert contributors.
- New Integrated Medical Sciences essays highlight the connections between physiology and other basic sciences, such as pharmacology, biochemistry, and genetics.
- A companion website offers additional resources for medical students including additional review questions, animations, advanced clinical problem-solving exercises, additional clinical application exercises, and suggested readings.
NOTE: This is a converted PDF of Medical Physiology: Principles for Clinical Medicine, 5th edition, hence page numbers will NOT match the physical book.