Full coverage of materials and mechanical design in engineering, Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook, Volume 1, 4th Edition (PDF) provides a quick guide to specialized areas you may encounter in your work, giving you access to the basics of each and pointing you toward trusted resources for further reading, if needed. The accessible information inside offers examples, discussions, and analyses of the topics covered.
This 1st volume covers materials and mechanical design, giving you accessible and in-depth access to the most common topics you’ll encounter in the discipline: stainless steels, carbon and alloy steels, copper and copper alloys, aluminum alloys, nickel and its alloys, titanium alloys for design, superalloys for design, composite materials, magnesium and its alloys, smart materials, viscosity measurement, electronic materials, and much more.
- Presents comprehensive coverage of materials and mechanical design
- Offers the option of being purchased as a four-book set or as single books, depending on your needs
- Comes in a subscription format through the Wiley Online Library and in electronic and custom formats
Engineers at all levels of industry, government, or private consulting practice will find Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook, Volume 1 4e PDF a great resource they’ll turn to repeatedly as a reference on the basics of materials and mechanical design.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF THE MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE, IN 4 VOLUMES
As the discipline of mechanical engineering continues to expand, so does the ever-trusted Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook. In a 4-volume format, this 4th Edition provides the most current off-the-shelf reference to every topic in the field. Spanning specializations from petroleum to aerospace and beyond, the Handbook helps you work efficiently across industries and job functions.
Unlike other handbooks, the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4e goes beyond lists of data and formulas, providing examples and discussion of each topic to help you quickly understand how to get the outcomes you want. Volume 1, Materials and Engineering Mechanics 4th edition is your complete guide to what makes materials suitable for particular uses, as well as the methodologies used to ensure success.
Inside this 1st volume:
- Contributions from 35 industry-leading experts
- Exhaustive charts and tables illustrate properties and best uses of materials
- Six entirely new chapters on engineering mechanics, covering measurement of force, strain, viscosity, tribology, and acoustics
- 10 revised chapters on materials, including ceramics, metals, composites, plastics, electronic materials, smart materials, and packaging
Suitable as a stand-alone reference or as a part of a complete 4-volume set, this PDF ebook is an excellent addition to any professional library. This Handbook is the best guide to the dynamic, and multidimensional discipline of mechanical engineering.
NOTE: We have all 4 volumes for sale for $15 each. Only the Mechanical Engineers’ Handbook 4th edition PDF is included. No access codes are included.