Easily master pediatric and maternity nursing care with Maternal-Child Nursing, 5th Edition (ePub). This easy-to-read textbook is filled with a wealth of user-friendly features to help you quickly master essential skills and concepts. It offers completely updated content ― including expanded information on the late preterm infant, obesity in the pregnant woman and children, fetal heart rate pattern identification, and enhanced coverage of the QSEN initiative. It also features an abundance of active learning tools so you have ample opportunities to practice applying your skills and knowledge.
- Updated drug guides summarize key medication information.
- Pathophysiology boxes present an illustrated overview of disorders.
- Critical to Remember boxes highlight and summarize essential, need-to-know information.
- Critical Thinking Exercises allow you to apply your knowledge to realistic clinical situations.
- UPDATED! Online resources offer the best interactive tools to learn in the most effective way possible.
- Safety Alerts call attention to important patient safety considerations for better outcomes of nursing care.
- Glossary at the end of the ebook offers quick access to all key terms and definitions presented in the textbook.
- Want to Know boxes provide teaching guidelines such as communication guides directed at families and patients.
- Communication Cues provide practical tips for effective verbal and nonverbal communication with patients and families.
- Nursing care plans help you apply the nursing process to plan individualized care for the most common pediatric and maternity conditions.
- UPDATED! Evidence-Based Practice boxes with newly researched topics offer the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.
- NEW! Improved consistency between maternity and pediatric sections makes it easier to switch from one area to the other for more efficient learning.
- NEW! Completely updated content includes expanded information on the late preterm infant, obesity in the pregnant woman and children, fetal heart rate pattern identification, and the QSEN initiative.
- Clinical Reference sections in pediatric chapters present information relevant to each body system, including differences in the pediatric patient, anatomy and physiology, and related diagnostic and laboratory tests.
NOTE: This purchase only includes the Maternal Child Nursing 5th edition eBook in the ePub format. A converted PDF is also available on request. Although there are many free readers than can read the ePub, we recommended the Adobe Digital Edition.