After 35 years, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases, 8th Edition is still the go-to reference of choice for comprehensive, global guidance on diagnosing and treating the most challenging infectious diseases. Drs. Raphael Dolin and John E. Bennett along with new editorial team member Dr. Martin Blaser have meticulously updated this latest 8th edition to save you time and to ensure you have the latest clinical and scientific knowledge at your fingertips. With brand new chapters, expanded and updated coverage, increased worldwide perspectives, and many new contributors, Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases 8th Edition helps doctors, medical students identify and treat whatever infectious disease you see.
- Get the answers to any questions you have with more in-depth coverage of pathology, etiology, epidemiology, microbiology, immunology, and treatment of infectious agents than you’ll find in any other ID resource.
- Apply the latest knowledge with updated diagnoses and treatments for currently recognized and newly emerging infectious diseases, such as those caused by swine influenza and avian viruses.
- Benefit from fresh perspectives and expanded global insights from an expanded team of Internationaland American contributors. Dr. Martin Blaser, a leading expert and Muriel G. and George W. Singer Professional of Translational Medicine at New York University School of Medicine, joins veteran PPID editors Dr. Raphael Dolin and Dr. John E. Bennett to continue a legacy of excellence.
- Put the latest knowledge to work in your practice with new or completely revised chapters on Probiotics; Influenza (new pandemic strains); New Antivirals for hepatitis B and C; New Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) Virus; Antibiotics for resistant bacteria; Antifungal drugs; Clostridium difficile treatment; Sepsis; Advances in HIV prevention and treatment; Viral gastroenteritis; Lyme Disease; Helicobacter pylori; Malaria; Infections in immunocompromised hosts; Immunization (new vaccines and new recommendations); and Microbiome.
- Find and grasp the information you need easily and rapidly with newly added chapter summaries.