Dennis Howitt’s Introduction to Qualitative Methods in Psychology 3rd edition (PDF) is better than ever. This valuable and trusted student resource provides very clear examples and explanations that take the reader through qualitative research from data collection to analysis. It also features dedicated sections offering guidance on quality, ethics and report writing. Methods are broken down to give a piece of step-by-step practical guidance and advice, ensuring that university students can understand the theory and carry out their own research. All of this is achieved while providing a thorough historical and theoretical context for the qualitative methods.
- The comprehensive glossary provides quick definitions of key terms
- Key concept boxes highlight important terms and explain them in more detail
- Illustrative research studies demonstrate real-world uses of the different methods
- Chapter structure provides a consistent framework for understanding, learning and revising
- Additional resources such as journals, books, and websites are recommended at the end of every chapter, to make further study more accessible
‘The ebook is an excellent reference for Undergraduate Students’ – Gina Z. Koutsopoulou, University of Leeds
‘The language is straightforward and the examples are very clearly explained. I have no doubt that it will suit undergrad students as well as those with a slightly more developed depth of understanding.’ – Jane Montague, University of Derby