ICD-10-CM 2019: The Complete Official Codebook (PDF) provides the entire updated code set for diagnostic coding, organized to make the challenge of accurate coding easier. This codebook is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, ensuring appropriate reimbursement and determining coverage. Each of the twenty-one chapters in the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries is organized to provide simple and quick navigation to facilitate accurate coding. The ebook also contains supplementary appendixes including a coding tutorial, pharmacology listings, a list of valid three-character codes and additional information on Z-codes for long-term drug use and Z-codes that can only be used as a principal diagnosis.
Features and Benefits
- Appendices. Supplement your coding
- NEW! The addition of more than 100 coding tips. Obtain insight into coding for physician and outpatient settings.
- NEW! Full list of code changes. Quickly see the complete list of new, revised, and deleted codes affecting the FY 2019 codes
- NEW! QPP symbol in the tabular section. The symbol identifies diagnosis codes associated with Quality Payment Program (QPP) measures under MARCA.
- Placeholder X. This icon alerts the coder to an important ICD-10-CM convention—the use of a “placeholder X” for 3, 4 and 5-character codes requiring a seventh character extension.
- Coding guideline explanations and examples. Detailed explanations and examples related to application of the ICD-10-CM chapter guidelines are provided at the beginning of each chapter in the tabular section.
- NEW! The addition of more than 300 new definitions in the tabular listing. Assign codes with confidence based on definitions & illustrations designed to highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
- Muscle/tendon translation table. This table is used to determine muscle/tendon action (extensor, flexor, other), which is a component of codes for acquired conditions and injuries affecting the muscles and tendons
- Intuitive features and format. This edition includes full-color illustrations and visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, codes associated with CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC), manifestation codes, Medicare Code Edits (MCEs), other specified codes, and unspecified codes.
NOTE: THIS PURCHASE ONLY INCLUDES THE ECOPY (PDF) OF THE CODEBOOK. NO ONLINE RESOURCES/CODES ARE INCLUDED