The United States healthcare delivery system is undergoing unprecedented transformation. In response to profound and rapid changes in competition, technology, consumerism, laws and other areas, healthcare leaders must help their organizations develop and implement effective strategies to thrive and survive.
This Healthcare Strategic Planning 4th edition (PDF), edited by John M. Harris (and previously authored by Alan M. Zuckerman), provides core insights into strategic planning theory and practice and shows how those insights can be applied to healthcare organizations. Examples from actual healthcare organizations add real-life detail and reinforcement. By following the PDF ebook’s step-by-step guide to the stages of strategic planning—analyzing the environment, formulating strategies, determining organizational direction, and transitioning to implementation — readers will learn how to answer the question everyone in healthcare management is asking: Where are we going?
This latest new edition addresses strategic planning in the context of contemporary healthcare issues, particularly value-based payment, population health, and shifting provider–payer partnerships. It features the following new or enhanced material and more:
- Fresh strategies for incorporating strategic thinking into management routines
- New case studies that illustrate how successful organisations handle the annual strategic planning process
- A step-by-step process for creating an effective implementation plan and guidance for gaining board approval
- New strategy formulation examples that illustrate the relationship between goals,crucial issues, and key metrics
- A new chapter on addressing business model shifts and clinical and technological advances at each step of the planning process
- Expanded coverage of environmental analysis, including tips on organizing the data collection process and identifying latest market trends
Note: This purchase only includes the Healthcare Strategic Planning 4e PDF. No online access codes are included with this.