Through 6 decades, no resource has matched the esteemed scholarship, authority, and scientific rigor of Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine 19th edition. Capturing the countless developments and advances across the full span of medicine, the new 19th edition of Harrison’s provides a complete update of essential content related to clinical trials, disease pathogenesis, current diagnostic methods and imaging approaches, evidence-based practice guidelines, and established and newly approved treatment methods.
Doody’s Core Title for 2017!
Here are just a few of the outstanding features of the new 19th Edition:
- NEW chapters on important topics such as The Impact of Global Warming on Infectious Diseases, Men’s Health, Fatigue, and many more
- Presented in 2 volumes: Volume 1 is devoted to foundational principles, cardinal manifestations of disease and approach to differential diagnosis; Volume 2 covers disease pathogenesis and treatment
- ncreased number of the popular Harrison’s clinical algorithms; clinically relevant radiographic examples spanning hundreds of diseases; clinical-pathological images in full color; full color drawings, crystal clear and illustrations and helpful tables and summary lists that make clinical application of the content faster than ever
- Critical updates in management and therapeutics in Coronary Artery Disease, Hepatitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease,Ebola Virus Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism, Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease, Lipoprotein Disorders, HIV and AIDS, and more.
- Access to outstanding multi-media resources including practical videos demonstrating essential bedside procedures, physical examination techniques, endoscopic findings, cardiovascular findings, and more
Supporting the renowned coverage are supplemental resources that reflect and assist modern medical practice: more than 1,000 full-color photographs to aid visual recognition skills, hundreds of state-of-the-art radiographs, from plain film to PET to 3D CT Scans; beautiful illustrations that bring applied anatomy and processes to life; the renowned Harrison’s patient-care algorithms, essential summary tables, and practical demonstrative videos. In addition, the PDF ebook’s several digital atlases highlight noninvasive imaging, gastrointestinal endoscopy, percutaneous revascularization, diagnosis and management of vasculitis, and numerous other issues commonly encountered in clinical practice.
Acclaim for Harrison’s:
“Covering nearly every possible topic in the field of medicine, the ebook begins with a phenomenal overview of clinical medicine, discussing important topics such as global medicine, the concepts of disease screening and prevention, decision-making in clinical practice, as well as the importance of medical disorders in specific groups (e.g.surgical patients, women, end of life). The extensive chapters that follow focus on a symptom-based presentation of disease and then illness organized by organ system. Numerous graphs, tables, and figures add further clarity to the booke. The accompanying DVD includes extensive video and image collections of pathology, histology, procedures, additional lectures, and radiology…
…Written by experts in the field, this ebook is updated with the latest advances in pathophysiology and treatment. It is organized in a way that makes reading from beginning to end a logical journey, yet each chapter can stand alone as a quick reference on a particular topic. “