An introduction to geomagnetic storms and the threats they pose at the Earth’s floor
Geomagnetic storms are a type of area climate occasion that may create Geomagnetically Induced Currents (GICs) which, as soon as they attain Earth’s floor, can intervene with energy grids and transport infrastructure. Understanding the traits and results of GICs requires scientific insights from photo voltaic physics, aeronomy, magnetospheric physics, and ionospheric physics together with geophysics and energy engineering.
Geomagnetically Induced Currents from the Sun to the Power Grid, (PDF), is a sensible introduction for practitioners and researchers that gives instruments and methods from throughout these disciplines.
Volume highlights embrace:
- Analysis methods utilized in completely different areas of GIC analysis
- GIC impacts on the infrastructure of the bulk energy system
- Analysis of causes of geomagnetic storms that create GICs
- Data and strategies used to analyze and forecast GIC hazard
- New strategies to validate and predict GICs in transmission methods
NOTE: The product consists of the book, Geomagnetically Induced Currents from the Sun to the Power Grid, in PDF. No entry codes are included.