A priceless overview of crucial concepts and ends in statistical modeling
Written by a extremely-seasoned creator, Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models (PDF) is a transparent and complete information to the important thing ideas and outcomes of linear statistical fashions. The e-book presents a broad, in-depth overview of probably the most generally used statistical fashions by discussing the idea implicit within the fashions, R software program functions, and examples with crafted fashions to elucidate major concepts and encourage sensible mannequin constructing.
The e-book begins by illustrating the fundamentals of linear fashions, resembling how the mannequin-becoming initiatives the information onto a mannequin vector subspace and how orthogonal decompositions of the information yield details about the results of explanatory variables. Subsequently, the e-book covers the most well-liked generalized linear fashions, which embody binomial and multinomial logistic regression for categorical information, and Poisson and unfavorable binomial loglinear fashions for depend information. Emphasizing on the theoretical underpinnings of these fashions, Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models additionally options:
- Many examples that use R software program for all textual content information analyses
- A supplementary web site with datasets for the examples and workout routines
- More than 400 workout routines for readers to observe and lengthen the idea, strategies, and information evaluation
- An introduction to quasi-chance strategies that require weaker distributional assumptions, resembling generalized estimating equation strategies
- An overview of linear combined fashions and generalized linear combined fashions with random results for clustered correlated information, Bayesian modeling, and extensions to deal with problematic circumstances resembling excessive dimensional issues
An indispensable textbook for higher-undergraduate and graduate-stage college students in statistics and biostatistics programs, Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models can also be a superb reference for practising statisticians and biostatisticians, in addition to anybody who’s serious about studying about crucial statistical fashions for analyzing information.
NOTE: The product contains the e-book, Foundations of Linear and Generalized Linear Models in PDF. No entry codes are included.