Kyle’s Essentials of Pediatric Nursing 2nd edition (PDF) promotes confidence in pediatric nursing by developing and growing students’ understanding of family and child care. Building on foundational concepts of adult nursing, students learn techniques of atraumatic care and patient teaching, and methods of communicating with children and their families. An emphasis is placed on defining the differences between adult care and pediatric care to increase the student’s level of comfort with this specific patient type.
Many features to enhance student understanding of pediatric nursing including:
- Unique design to appeal to multiple learning styles
- Nursing Care Plans provide concrete examples of each step of the nursing process
- Clear organization to encourage nursing students to build on foundational nursing knowledge
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 objectives have been included to provide current industry information
- Step-by-Step Procedures provide a clear explanation of pediatric variations to facilitate competent performance
- Comparison Charts compare two or more disorders or other easily confused concepts, to provide explanations and clarification for students
- NEW! Thinking About Development features encourage students to think critically about special developmental concerns relating to the topic being discussed.
- NEW! Evidence-Based Practice boxes show current research to support pediatric nursing topics, giving students real-world evidence to assist in understanding
- NEW! Atraumatic Care Highlights throughout and a complete chapter on atraumatic care assist students in reducing patient and family stress in the healthcare setting
- Integrated Case Studies are threaded throughout chapters with real-life scenarios that present relevant child and family information that is intended to perfect the student’s caregiving skills