Designed for advanced graduate and undergraduate students, and environmental professionals, this ebook, Environmental Microbiology 3rd Edition (PDF) builds upon the tremendous success of the previous editions with a comprehensive and up-to-date discussion of environmental microbiology as a discipline that has greatly expanded in interest and scope over the past several decades. From aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems to indoor and urban environments, this third edition relates environmental microbiology to a variety of ecology, life science, and environmental science topics including biogeochemical cycling, bioremediation, microbial risk assessment, environmental transmission of pathogens, and drinking water treatment and reuse. The final chapter highlights several emerging issues including microbial remediation of marine oil spills, impact of climate change on microbial infectious disease, microbial contributions to global warming, and the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- Lecture slides available for instructors online
- Emphasizes critical information using “Information Boxes” throughout
- Offers questions at the end of each chapter designed to test key concepts
- Presents state-of-the-art research results with key, recent references to document information
- Includes real-world case studies to illustrate concepts, along with frequent use of cartoons, graphics and photographs
Note: This only includes Environmental Microbiology 3e pdf. No online codes are included with the purchase