Building on the research-proven instructional techniques introduced in Knight’s Physics for Scientists and Engineers, College Physics: A Strategic Approach 3rd edition (PDF) sets a new standard for algebra-based introductory physics — gaining widespread critical acclaim from science students and professors alike. The textbook, MasteringPhysics and supplements work together to help physics students see and understand the big picture, gain crucial problem-solving confidence and skills, and better prepare for lecture and their future.
For the 3rd Edition, Randall Knight, Stuart Field and Brian Jones have incorporated student feedback and research to strengthen their focus on college student learning, and to apply the best results from educational research and extensive user metadata and feedback.
This program presents an unparalleled learning and teaching experience, uniquely effective and integrated.
- Prepare for lecture: Prepare students for lecture with innovative and engaging media tools, tailored carefully to reinforce the textbook.
- Develop problem-solving skills: Equip students with problem-solving tactics and strategies through expanded guidance and practice in the text and online in MasteringPhysics.
- Understand the big picture: Enable college students to understand the connections between topics, the real-world context, and the overarching themes, skills, and principles of physics using refined and expanded learning tools.
- Foster skills for the MCAT: Gear physics students up for the new MCAT with enhanced life-science and biomedical applications in the textbook and problems, and increased emphasis on reasoning with real-world situations and data.
- Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics (sold separately): MasteringPhysics provides college students with engaging experiences that coach them through physics with specific wrong-answer feedback, hints, and a wide variety of educationally effective content.