Using a proven pedagogical organization, this updated version of Gladwin and Bagby’s Clinical Aspects of Dental Materials: Theory, Practice, and Cases 5th edition (PDF), a market-leading title focuses on providing medical students with a dental materials background that emphasizes the clinical aspects of dental materials, while also introducing concepts of materials science.
– Clinical Aspects of Dental Materials 5th edition (PDF) –
The ebook’s 3-part structure addresses types of dental materials in the 22 chapters of Part 1, includes laboratory and clinical applications (essentially a built-in lab manual) in Part 2, and presents 11 case studies in Part 3 that serve as an overall review and help medical students strengthen their critical thinking skills when providing patient care.
Up-to-date content that reflects the latest advances in clinical photos, dental materials, review questions, and online videos all combine to help dental students develop the understanding of dental materials they need for successful dental hygiene practice.
- 2 NEW case studiesemphasize the pediatric dental patient and the diabetic patient. As with all the case studies, each integrates dental materials with dental hygiene practice.
- New topics include bonding, ceramics, and an additional air polishing powder, while coverage of in-office and take-home whitening agents and instrument care and technology has been updated.
- Student learning aids, including chapter objectives, summaries, learning activities, key words and phrases, online videos and quizzes, review questions, and an appendix of answers and justifications to the review questions all help the student to master the material.
- Tear-out, Skill Evaluation sheets enable medical students and faculty to assess laboratory and clinical competencies that relate to Part II of the textbook. Tips for the Clinicianboxesoffer advice so that the best results are achieved. Precaution boxes promote safety while working with the materials.
NOTE: No online access codes included. Only Clinical Aspects of Dental Materials: Theory, Practice, and Cases 5e PDF comes in the package.