Focusing on the essential aspects of pharmacology you need to know, Brody’s Human Pharmacology 6th Edition, keeps you fully up to date with all that’s new in the field. A new organizational approach, streamlined content, and thoroughly updated information ensure your grasp of key concepts and prepare you for exams. Nearly five hundred full-color illustrations explain important processes, while color-coded boxes for therapeutic overviews, major drugs, clinical problems, and trade names reinforce your mastery of the information.
The Sixth Edition of this easy-to-use textbook is now fully up to date with:
- NEW chapter devoted entirely to personalized medicine and pharmacogenomics.
- NEW chapter on cannabinoids and their use for pain and other disorders, in light of recent legalization in many states.
- NEW chapters on recent developments in the treatment of ADHD, Alzheimer’s disease, and the latest treatments for HIV.
- NEW section on pain management.
- NEW section in each chapter covering “Clinical Relevance for Healthcare Professionals” that provides important information specific to dentists, physical therapists, and dental hygienists, and many other medical professionals.
Plus these college student-friendly features:
- A new organizational approach, focusing on integration and systems-based learning.
- Contributions from leading faculty who cover the most important aspects of pharmacology necessary for a basic understanding of the subject, including clinical applications, concepts, and side effects.
- USMLE-style self-assessment questions and answers at the end of every chapter, and rationales in the Appendix.