An accessible textbook that explains fundamental concepts in business statistics that are often obscured by mathematical notation and formulae. A Guide to Business Statistics (PDF) offers a practical approach to statistics that covers the fundamental concepts in economics and business. The ebook maintains the level of rigor of a more conventional textbook in business statistics but uses a more streamlined and intuitive approach. In short, A Guide to Business Statistics provides clarity to the typical statistics textbook cluttered with notation and formulae.
The author — an expert in the field — offers straightforward and concise explanations to the core techniques and principles in business statistics. The concepts are introduced through examples, and the textbook is designed to be accessible to readers with a variety of backgrounds. To enhance learning, most of the mathematical formulas and notation appears in technical appendices at the end of each chapter. This important resource:
- Introduces the concepts and techniques through concise and intuitive examples
- Offers intuition, humor, insights, and practical advice for students of business statistics
- Focuses on understanding by moving distracting mathematical notation and formulae to appendices
- Offers a comprehensive guide to understanding business statistics targeting economics and business students and professionals
- Features coverage of sampling techniques, probability, sampling distributions, descriptive statistics, hypothesis tests, confidence intervals, and regression
Written for undergraduate business students, teachers, business and economics majors, and practitioners, A Guide to Business Statistics offers an accessible guide to the key concepts and fundamental principles in statistics.